Saturday, January 14, 2006

Let Go of "What If's"

This blog thing is really simpler than I imagined. I'm still learning the system. I press a link by "accident." Lo and behold a window opens to write in. And, that's really what so much of life is all about. Being open to "pressing a link" or trying something new without being afraid of the results. As a bona fide baby boomer -- I grew up in the "what if world?" Meaning before you do something be sure all the ramifications of your actions are thought out, analyzed and assessed before acting. This thinking had a place at one time. But as we've seen from the Gen Xers who dove into their computers with "No Fear," if you hit a Ctrl H and nothing happens -- try again.
So an easier way to approach life - is to let go of the continual "what if" drone in your head. Know you can do something, do it and have fun getting it done.

Anyway -- a nice quote I have attached to my computer is:

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which more than anything else will affect its successful outcome."
William James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home